Wagers on final table events receive the gambling board$s approval
This year, thanks to a ruling passed by the Nevada Gambling Control Board, betting fans will be able to wager on the World Series of Poker.
The ruling allows licensed bookmakers to post and take bets on the final day of all events, except Event 1 – the Casino Employees No-Limit Hold’em and Event #5 – The Big One for One Drop – A $1 million buy-in charity event.
Yet, the ruling also carries a number of conditions, which include:
– Licensed bookies that choose to offer these wagers must provide the Enforcement Division with notification of terms via email
– Bets can be placed only on those players who will be participating in the final day of each event
– Bookies must stop taking wagers five minutes prior to the first hand being dealt on each event and may not accept them at any time during the course of play
– The official source of results shall be Poker News
– All audit procedures detailed in lndustry Letter 201 1-48 must be complied with.
Source: Latest Poker Bonuses